Emergency Vehicle Permits (EVPS)

​​​​​​​Effective September 01, 2011 the West Virginia State Fire Marshal's Office will be resuming the issuance of EVP's for personally owned vehicles (POV's) with Class A plates. Information on obtaining these permits can be found in the Fire Department Services Division section of our website. 

No EVP’s will be issued without the Fire Chief's approval/signature on the proper application form. 
EVP’s that are no longer valid should be listed as "VOID" by the Fire Chief on documents sent to the Fire Department Services Division. 
EVP’s that are no longer valid should be returned to this office if possible.
Renewal forms for EVP's must include current copies of insurance and registration cards. Temporary registration cards are not acceptable for privately owned vehicles (POVs).

Click a link below to download applicable Code: